Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Bad Travel Experiences? Do a better job of the "OT" company that you keep!








So, as you can see from the pictures I went on a WONDERFUL spa weekend-wine tour with my girls. We did the wine tour on Saturday in Loudoun County, spent the evening in a spa resort hotel, and then woke up Sunday morning to spa treatments and girl talk at the sauna and whirlpool. The culiminating activity was a FATTENING brunch at Mimi's Cafe! It was truly a wonderful weekend.

This beautiful weekend made me think of the weekends from hell that I've had in the past. Through the years I've learned the following...

#1 - Don't travel with more than 3 chicks! Who has time to argue over something as simple as "Where do we go for breakfast?" I don't have time for that crap!

#2 - Don't bring chicks that are naive aka street DUMB Okay, so a few years back I went on a cruise with some friends and Sorors. One chick that came was a friend of a friend...How about the chick left with some random kneegrow Nassau cat and almost missed the ship! On top of that, when she boarded the ship at the last minute, she realized that she left her travel documents with him! WTH? Look - I don't have time to explain to your parents why you were left in Nassau and nobody knows who you're with! Lastly, if you can't get back into the states, YOUR BAD! I'll be home chllin'......Who gets in a random dudes car in another country and doesn't tell the folks she's with WHO or WHERE she's going..Oh, you're trying to get Aruba'd!

#3- Make sure your clique comes correct! I went on a trip with a group of friends. One of the broads that came didn't have money. Okay, why would you go out of town with no money? Okay, so we decide to go to a $20 party....Chick gets mad that we want to go. Won't allow us to pay her way and decides to sit in the car vs. coming into the party. WTH? So, she literally sat in the car for like 6 hours while we partied.


Readers...Do you have any rules when it comes to your travel plans or do you have any fun travel "stories?"...have you gone somewhere with someone that "mysteriously" left their wallet? lmao...Have you gone somewhere and Friend A leaves with Random Dude B..You don't know how to reach her..Hmm, if she never returns do I tell her parents where she really went and that she didn't leave his government name? I just know she left with Pookie... Or guys, what about that guy that is hating because you've met a girl and he won't leave the room lol. Tell me your funny stories or annoying travel habits!


10 comments:

makeba said...

I decided many years ago that I would no longer do girl trips in numbers. There is hardly ever a time when all those who travel are on the same page. I decided a long time ago if I was to ever do a girls trip I will not share a room with more than 1 other person. This was confirmed when I took a trip to Convention the year I crossed and shared a room with my Sorors. The spliting the cost of the room between 4 females are gone. Nothing worst than waiting for all of us to get dress to go out for the day or the night. I decided a long time ago I would not go on a trip when someone says my money is funny but I will go anyway...the end result means you will be the one who does not want to spend $50 or better to get into a party when you know its Memorial Day or Labor Day weekend (mind you I am being unrealistic when I say $50 for those times of the year). Nor will you want to pay for meals at restaurants, instead you rather eat at the same spots you can frequent at home (KFC, Mickey D's, Wendy's, Subway, etc) I decided a long time ago I would never do a girls trip during the young crowd weekends (Bike rally in South Carolina, Maimi for Memorial Day and/or Labor Day). Too many females going for a different agenda.

K-Swiss said...

Makeba, I couldn't agree more!

I HATE going to a restaurant with a bunch of chicks and at the end mofos want to go through the bill item by item vs. just SPLITTING the bill by the amount of people there. UGHHHHHHH! It urkes me. If you can't afford to go, just don't go! You know folks are going to order what they want and sip some wine..Don't come with intentions on ordering a salad and water. You just can't go this time around!

Angie said...

Kasondra I couldn't agree more!!! I've learned that just because you are friends with a person that does not automatically qualify them as a "out of town compatible"! Some people are so sheltered that they lose their dang on minds when they get out somewhere. Travelling is like gardening- you start out with a bunch of seeds and you go but along the way you have to choke out the ones that spring up not knowing how to act (letting weeds in i.e. dudes they don't know and leaving etc), and messing up the garden for everybody else!
Also, if a chick is pulling out her calculator everywhere ya'll go adding up the tax and talking about "well I only had the...." or everytime you get to the club this whench talking about "oh shoot I knew I should've stopped at the atm"... you should re-think her "ot compatiblity".

ThunderThighs aka 'LaTora' said...

Oh Im laughing so hard over here! I can still count on one hand the number of out of town trips I have taken with "The Girls". I only travel when I can afford to splurge and when I can't I just don't do it! Oh and yes, almost always my friends and I split the check or one of us just takes care of the bill. However, Im probably not gonna want to split it if everyone has been drinking excessively. Run your own tab for your drinks if you have it like that!! Absolutely I will be so irratated if you try to take me to any fast food places! When I went to Essence in New Orleans I swear we went to every well known restaurant there was. Whether I am in town or out of town that's how I am. There are so many places to discover. Do not ask me to the same restaurant within the same month! But shorty got her own so keep me on the invite list!!

Jamal said...

Wait a minute... it looks like you violated rule #1 from the photos you posted, but I'm glad it turned out to be a great trip anyway LOL I've been to 2 wineries out in Loudon before and it's good to have these types of sophisticated activities so close to home.

But I totally feel your pain. My last trip to Miami wasn't as fun because the loudest guy in our group was also the cheapest. Why go to the MIA-yo just to sit in the hotel room and not want to visit the clubs? Then have the nerve days later to say "Hey man, my line brother went to one of the clubs and said it was POPPIN! He should've went after all" :-/ In K-Swiss' words: KNEEGROW PLEASE!! I think I spent about half the time solo and with associated I happened to run into and had still had a good time.

Nia said...

You are hilarious. I refuse to travel with people who can't afford it. Not understanding that rental cards need gas or bills need tips stresses me out and lets not get into restaurant choices because I am not doing fast food when I can eat local cuisine.

I do have to disagree with splitting the bill, I will only split the bill with folks I know because as soon as you announce that the bill will be spilt you have folks ordering appetizers/multiple nmartinis and I refuse to pay for your foolishness.

K-Swiss said...

Nia, I agree that if you're going to order 15 drinks then you should put in more on your bill. However, if there are 10 of us we are not about to go line by line on a bill. Really. I don't have patience for that.

Angie, girl, you know we've had our share of "seeds" to get up outta the darn garden! You know my pet peeve is mofos just bouncing and we don't know where you are..Umm, we are WOMEN, not dudes. Don't just go off and don't tell me because your mother is not about to curse me out when you go missing and I can't tell the PoPo your last known location!

I forgot one! Don't invite no kneegrow to OUR room. Now, if you have your own room and decide to do that, fine. However, if I'm staying in that room please ensure that you don't disclose our location because I don't feel like hiding my stuff because a stranger is in the room! Just because you are comfy with Random Dude A, doesn't mean that I am.

Thanks, Management :-)

Unknown said...

These stories are hilarious. I agree that traveling in groups can be stressful, however, it can work as long as people realize they really don't have to go everywhere ten deep. Smaller groups are nice, because it makes it a lot easier to get "hook-ups".
Lack of money is a big travel no-no. I had to skip a couple of trips because I couldn't afford to really enjoy myself once I got there. Nobody should want to just have enought to get there, and not be able to go see the sites, go to restauarnts, pay for a dayum taxi. lol. I also agree with Makeba, big holiday weekends are out. I also agree that just because someone is a good friend does not automatically make them a good travel buddy. I had a friend of mine join us to Toronto one year, and I had to make apologies to the whole group all weekend because she was acting a dayum fool.

K-Swiss said...

@Tam, YES< I remember TO!

I agree, hard to get a hook up at the door when you're 10 darn deep!

Iwant2beanactor said...

You stupid for this one!!! I agree that you can't travel with everyone. Oh and I am glad that you all partied for like 6 hours. She shouldn't have came if she was broke and then had the nerve to be proud. OH WELL have fun in the car, I have a bunch of CD's you can listen to. LOL