Thursday, June 26, 2008

Finding New Tenants...The STRESS in my life right now

So, what the heck possessed me to become a landlord. So, in my mid-20s I had this bright idea to purchase 2 expensive behind properties in the DC area. Now, lets fastforward, now I have these properties and I rent them out. I've been living in lala land because I had the same tentants in both places for YEARS! Well, now they've both decided to leave. So, I posted an ad on craigslist.



Let me tell you..WHY do people feel the need to scam and/or give their sob story to me on a daily basis now via email.



#1 - I don't care that you're getting divorce! If you're credit is jacked and you don't have verifiable income!

#2 - Why did some lady claim that she lives in UK and will send me a year worth of rent if I send her my address and keys first? Huh? Was I born this morning?

#3 - Why would a family with 4 kids and 2 adults try to rent my 2 bedroom townhouse with office. It's an office, not a 3rd bedroom. Them darn kids were running all over my place jumping and screaming. Hell Nah. They'd leave my place so damaged. Application DENIED!

Let's say a prayer for the market because I need it to snap back so I can get rid of these suckas!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too bad I didn't know this earlier. I knew some people in the DC area that were looking for a place to stay. Pass the info and maybe I can find some interested party for you. Oh wait, this says posted on 6/26, did you find someone since then?

K-Swiss said...

Makeba,

Yeah, I found someone within 2 weeks of listing the place. It was just a headache getting all these crazy calls from folks and emails. But, Im blessed. Got great tenants in both properties!